Board of Commissioner Budget Workshop October 13th at 7:00 p.m. – This meeting is held in person at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Road, Macungie, PA 18062 and can also be viewed via zoom. The meeting was not advertised as a virtual meeting, so all those participating in discussion shall be in person. Those who wish to only watch remotely, can register in advance and will then receive an email with the link and password to the virtual meeting. You can view the workshop agenda here.
Board of Commissioner Meeting October 21st at 7:00 p.m. –This meeting is held in person at the Township Building and virtually via zoom. All attendees who wish to attend virtually will need to register and provide their name, email and address. After registration, you will receive an email with the link and password to the virtual meeting.
Public comment will be accepted in person and via the Zoom chat button; you will need to provide your name and address for the record. Anonymous comments are not acknowledged. You can view the agenda here.
To see previous recorded virtual meetings of the Board of Commisisoners and the Planning Commission, scroll down to the "Township Media" section.
- 2022 Budget Information - The public is invited to attend the Budget Workshops.
- 10/4: NEW SEWER / TRASH BILL (pdf) - We are changing the look of our invoices to better communicate the information and to move the payment stub to the bottom. Also, for operational efficiency, the mailing address for payments is changing to a PO Box in Pleasant Grove, UT. Attached is a sample invoice with the revisions. If an online payer, these changes do not affect you. Thank you for your timely payments.
- FREE Document Shredding Event - on Sat. Oct 23, 2021 from 10AM - 1PM
- 9/21/21: Soap is being removed from all park bathrooms due to the TikTok inspired vandalism.
- Quarry Park is closed until winter of 2022 due to the Sauerkraut Lane Extension project
- Volunteers Wanted! Bright, talented, community minded citizens interested in making a difference in our township. Click here for available positions and application details!
- *Yard Waste Recycling Center - JUNE 1 to OCTOBER 31 – Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat. – 9AM to 7PM – Sun. Noon to 7PM
(**Holiday date closures for 2021: July 4 & 5, Sept. 6 and Oct. 11) *SEASONAL CHANGE OF HOURS: Please click here to view. A permit is now required for entrance. Click here for application form. Just complete the online form & save before submitting. You can also drop off the application at theTownship Bldg. or mail in the form. Please allow 7 to 10 days to receive the sticker for your car and the additional green paper permit that can go in glove compartment if you have a 2nd car. **NEW! 2021 CURBSIDE COLLECTIONS CALENDAR
- Lower Macungie’s Public Safety Commission (PSC) addresses concerns about conditions that may impact the safety of township residents. While the PSC primarily addresses issues related to traffic, signage, and parking...continue reading
How to remove Spotted Lanternfly Eggs - Click here for some helpful information from the Department of Agriculture and PennState Extension. The PA Department of Ag created an e-newsletter called “The Spotted Lanternflyer” to keep everyone informed on spotted lanternfly updates. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter, click here to sign up!
- Street Trees – Property owners are responsible for trimming of street trees planted in the Right-of-Way. Chapter 21, Part 4 of the LMT Code of Ordinances states, Owners shall maintain all street trees within or abutting their property to ensure that they are free of damage and disease, and shall not create a risk of harm to passerby. This is a reminder to trim the low hanging branches so pedestrians can travel safely on the sidewalks in our communities. Property owners who do not maintain the trees along the sidewalk may be subject to fines and penalties. Please do your part for the community!
PennDOT now has an easy online Customer Care page to report concerns on state maintained roadways. Click here to learn more!
Sign up for online bill pay and never worry about missing or late payments on your utility bill. It's easy, fast and free! Click here on complete details and sign up today!
See more previously recorded meetings on our LMT YouTube Channel!
Board of Commissioners Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month at 7:00PM. All meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie.
RCN Subscribers - Live broadcasts of all Board of Commissioners meetings can be viewed on Channel 66. The Board meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
Service Electric Subscribers - A recorded version of all Board of Commissioners meetings is aired on Channel 50. LMT is allotted a maximum of 2 hours for each showing. SECTV considers the first week to be the week starting with a Monday. The airing schedule is as follows:
10 am on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month and,
6 pm on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Township Meeting Schedules
Unless noted otherwise, all meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie
Committees of the Board of Commissioners
Currently no Committee meetings are scheduled. Instead, workshops are held on the 4th Monday of each month, as needed, at 7 p.m.
To view the Committe Structure, please go to the Board of Commissioner webpage.
Boards and Commissions (click group name for agenda/minutes)
Board of Commissioners - 1st & 3rd Thurs. of month at 7:00PM; except there will be no meeting on July 1, 2021.
Board of Commissioners Workshop - 4th Monday of month at 7:00PM, as needed.
Building Code Board of Appeals - Held and advertised as needed.
Audit Advisory Committee - 1st Tuesday of every-other month starting in January at 6:00 PM.
Environmental Advisory Council - 2nd Mon. of month at 7:00P; except there is no meeting in August 2021.
Emergency Management Organization - Last Monday of month in Jan., Apr., July, Oct. at 7PM at the Public Works Annex, 5536 Indian Creek Rd. Macungie.
Library Board - last Thurs. of month at 5:00PM. Meetings are held at the Library.
Park and Recreation Meetings - last Wed. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Meetings - 2nd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Workshops - 3rd Tues. of month at 6:00PM, as needed.
Public Safety Commission Meetings - 3rd Tues. of month at 7:00PM
Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee - Held and advertise as needed.
Zoning Hearing Board Meetings - 4th Tuesday of each month at 6 pm, as needed; except the November and December meetings will be the 3rd Tuesday, if needed.