EMERALD ASH BORER TREE TREATMENTS
4/10/17: Within the next 2weeks, the Township’s contractor is arranging for the treatment of ash street trees in Hidden Valley, Farmington Hills, and the areas in Clearview Manor that do not have sidewalks. Per Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources guidelines, only the ash trees larger than 12” diameter at 4 ½’ above the ground are being treated to prevent damage by the Emerald Ash Borer. The ash street trees along North Hedgerow in Clearview Manor will not be treated due to the insufficient planting strip that will not sustain the trees without disrupting the sidewalks.
Residents may see the contractor drilling small holes and temporarily installing hoses in the trees to directly inject the material used to protect the trees from the Emerald Ash Borer.
- Street sweeping has begun. Signs will be posted. Please click here to view additional information.
- LMT - EMPLOYMENT - SEASONAL 2017 (Rec - (Lifeguard) - Employment Application
- Small Business Press Release - Economic Injury Loans for Small Businesses. Click here to view information.
- ROAD ADVISORY NOTICES - Township Contractors are crack sealing on various Township roads with hot tar. Please be aware of crews working.
- Yard Waste Permit Application Form. Click here for details and form.
- Save the date - FREE Shredding Event scheduled for May 6th!
- FREE LATEX PAINT RECYCLING EVENT - MAY 13th 9AM to 12PM. Click here to view complete details.
- Notification of Dog License Canvassing - LMT was notified that the PA Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement will be conducting a license canvass in Lehigh County on May 3rd. Multiple wardens will be going door to door educating dog owners as well as checking the status of their dog licenses and rabies vaccinations. All dogs, three months and older, must be licensed by January 1st, 2017. A list of designated places to purchase a dog license is listed on the Lehigh County website https://www.lehighcounty.org/Departments/Fiscal-Tax-Claims/Licenses-Permits
- Stormwater Management Tips for Residents - Click here for more information.
Interested in volunteering? Click here to view more details. Emergency Management Organization. Please complete and submit a Statement of Interest Form, and return to the Township by mail, fax or email.
Some helpful hints from Waste Management: "Recycling - Myths & Tips"
Flood Insurance Savings: Check out this news release from the PA Insurance Department regarding flood insurance.
Board of Commissioners Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month at 7:00PM. All meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie.
- Township Meeting Schedules
Unless noted otherwise, all meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie
Committees of the Board of Commissioners
General Administration Committee, 3rd Thurs. of month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Roads & Sewers Committee, 4th Mon. of the month at 7:00 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Parks & Facilities Committee, 3rd Mon. of the month at 7:00 P.M. Click here for Agenda.
Budget and Finance Committee, 1st Thurs. of month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Planning and Zoning Committee, 1st Wed. of month at 4:30 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Boards and Commissions (click group name for agenda/minutes)
Board of Commissioners - 1st & 3rd Thurs. of month at 7:00PM. **No Meeting July 6, 2017.
Audit Advisory Committee - 2nd Thurs. of month at 6:30PM.
Environmental Advisory Council - 2nd Mon. of month at 7:00PM.
Library Board - last Thurs. of month at 5:00PM. Meetings are held at the Library.
Park and Recreation Meetings - last Wed. of month at 7:00PM. **except there is NO meeting in Dec. 2017.
Planning Commission Meetings - 2nd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Workshops - 3rd Tues. at 7:00PM, as needed.
Public Safety Commission Meetings - 3rd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee - Held and advertise as needed. **Next meetings: May 8th 2017 at 9:30AM.
Zoning Hearing Board Meetings - 4th Tues. of month at 7:00PM, as needed. **2017 Dec. mtg will be held on the 19th (3rd Tues of month).