YARD WASTE CENTER INFORMATION
Effective at the beginning of 2017, all Township residents who use the Yard Waste Recycling Center must have a paper permit and/or sticker to enter the site. Vehicles will be turned away if they do not have the permit/sticker. If a permit or sticker has been lost or thrown away there is a fee of $10.00 to replace. Replacement fees can only be paid by cash or check at Township Municipal Offices at 3400 Brookside Road, Monday through Friday 8AM to 4:30PM.
Please Note: Anyone who comes to the Center on a weekend without a permit or sticker will be turned away until one is obtained. Our site is funded by the solid waste fees, which are collected from Township residents in individual homes so it is very important to keep non-residents and commercial enterprises from using our site.
NEW - 5/19/17 - BRIDGE CLOSURE - Macungie Road bridge is scheduled for repairs and will be closed on Tuesday, May 30th until approximately August 18th. Detours will be in effect.
5/19/17 - ROAD ADVISORY NOTICES: Weather permitting, Township Contractors are oil / chip sealing on various Township roads. Also, street sweeping has begun, and signs will be posted. Please be advised of crews working. Please click here to view updated additional information.
Yard Waste Permit Application Form: Click here for details and form.
Some helpful hints from Waste Management: "Recycling - Myths & Tips"
- May is National Building Safety Month sponsored by International Code Council, please click here to find out how building codes and inspectors work to protect the residents of our community.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Daily Digest Bulletin - Click here to read more info.
- Small Business Press Release - Economic Injury Loans for Small Businesses. Click here to view information.
- Notification of Dog License Canvassing - LMT was notified that the PA Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement will be conducting a license canvass in Lehigh County on May 3rd. Multiple wardens will be going door to door educating dog owners as well as checking the status of their dog licenses and rabies vaccinations. All dogs, three months and older, must be licensed by January 1st, 2017. A list of designated places to purchase a dog license is listed on the Lehigh County website https://www.lehighcounty.org/Departments/Fiscal-Tax-Claims/Licenses-Permits
- Stormwater Management Tips for Residents - Click here for more information.
Interested in volunteering? Click here to view more details. Emergency Management Organization and Planning Commission Please complete and submit a Statement of Interest Form, and return to the Township by mail, fax or email.
Flood Insurance Savings: Check out this news release from the PA Insurance Department regarding flood insurance.
Board of Commissioners Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month at 7:00PM. All meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie.
- Township Meeting Schedules
Unless noted otherwise, all meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie
Committees of the Board of Commissioners
General Administration Committee, 3rd Thurs. of month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Roads & Sewers Committee, 4th Mon. of the month at 7:00 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Parks & Facilities Committee, 3rd Mon. of the month at 7:00 P.M. Click here for Agenda. **Please note: June meeting will be held at Camp Olympic Park 3120 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
Budget and Finance Committee, 1st Thurs. of month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Planning and Zoning Committee, 1st Wed. of month at 4:30 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Boards and Commissions (click group name for agenda/minutes)
Board of Commissioners - 1st & 3rd Thurs. of month at 7:00PM. **No Meeting July 6, 2017.
Audit Advisory Committee - 2nd Thurs. of month at 6:30PM.
Environmental Advisory Council - 2nd Mon. of month at 7:00PM.
Library Board - last Thurs. of month at 5:00PM. Meetings are held at the Library.
Park and Recreation Meetings - last Wed. of month at 7:00PM. **except there is NO meeting in Dec. 2017.
Planning Commission Meetings - 2nd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Workshops - 3rd Tues. at 7:00PM, as needed.
Public Safety Commission Meetings - 3rd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee - Held and advertise as needed. **Next meeting date Thursday, June 8th at 9:30am Township Bldg. Rm B
Zoning Hearing Board Meetings - 4th Tues. of month at 7:00PM, as needed. **2017 Dec. mtg will be held on the 19th (3rd Tues of month).