- The Township offices will be closed on Friday, July 3rd in observance of the Fourth of July holiday. There is NO DELAY in trash & recycling services. Please place your items out for normal collection. The Yard Waste Center is closed on Fri. 7/3 & Sat. 7/4. Center is open on Sunday 7/5 Noon - 7PM.
- Second Harvest Food Bank - Operations During COVID 19. Please click here for more details.
- Yard Waste Recycling Center - NEW!! HOURS OF OPERATION: Please click here to view. A permit is now required for entrance. Click here for application form. Just complete the online form & save before submitting. You can also drop off the application at theTownship Bldg. or mail in the form. Please allow 7 to 10 days to receive the sticker for your car and the additional green paper permit that can go in glove compartment if you have a 2nd car.
- Lower Macungie’s Public Safety Commission (PSC) addresses concerns about conditions that may impact the safety of township residents. While the PSC primarily addresses issues related to traffic, signage, and parking...continue reading
How to remove Spotted Lanternfly Eggs - Click here for some helpful information from the Department of Agriculture and PennState Extension. The PA Department of Ag created an e-newsletter called “The Spotted Lanternflyer” to keep everyone informed on spotted lanternfly updates. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter, click here to sign up!
- Street Trees – Property owners are responsible for trimming of street trees planted in the Right-of-Way. Chapter 21, Part 4 of the LMT Code of Ordinances states, Owners shall maintain all street trees within or abutting their property to ensure that they are free of damage and disease, and shall not create a risk of harm to passerby. This is a reminder to trim the low hanging branches so pedestrians can travel safely on the sidewalks in our communities. Property owners who do not maintain the trees along the sidewalk may be subject to fines and penalties. Please do your part for the community!
PennDOT now has an easy online Customer Care page to report concerns on state maintained roadways. Click here to learn more!
Lehigh County Conservation District presented an informational mosquito, tick, and SLF control meeting to the public. Please click here to view the meeting.
Sign up for online bill pay and never worry about missing or late payments on your utility bill. It's easy, fast and free! Click here on complete details and sign up today!
Board of Commissioner Meetings
Board of Commissioners Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month at 7:00PM. All meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie.
RCN Subscribers - Live broadcasts of all Board of Commissioners meetings can be viewed on Channel 66. The Board meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
Service Electric Subscribers - A recorded version of all Board of Commissioners meetings is aired on Channel 50. LMT is allotted a maximum of 2 hours for each showing. SECTV considers the first week to be the week starting with a Monday. The airing schedule is as follows:
10 am on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month and,
6 pm on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Township Meeting Schedules
Unless noted otherwise, all meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie
Committees of the Board of Commissioners
General Administration Committee, 3rd Thurs. of the month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Roads & Sewers Committee, 3rd Mon. pf the month at 5:30 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Public Works - Parks & Facilities Committee, 3rd Mon. of the month at 6:30 P.M. Click here for Agenda.
Budget and Finance Committee, 1st Thurs. of the month at 6:15 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Planning and Zoning Committee, 2nd Tues. of the month at 6:00 PM. Click here for Agenda.
Boards and Commissions (click group name for agenda/minutes)
Board of Commissioners - 1st & 3rd Thurs. of month at 7:00PM. **except there will be NO meeting on July 2, 2020.
Building Code Board of Appeals - Held and advertised as needed.
Audit Advisory Committee - 1st Tuesday of every-other month starting in January at 6:00 PM.
Environmental Advisory Council - 2nd Mon. of month at 7:00PM.; **except there is no August meeting. **NO July meeting.
Emergency Management Organization - Last Monday of month in Jan., Apr., July, Oct. at 7PM at the Public Works Annex, 5536 Indian Creek Rd. Macungie.
Library Board - last Thurs. of month at 5:00PM. Meetings are held at the Library.
Park and Recreation Meetings - last Wed. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Meetings - 2nd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Workshops - 3rd Tues. of month at 6:00PM, as needed. **NEW MEETING TIME**
Public Safety Commission Meetings - 3rd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee - Held and advertise as needed.
Zoning Hearing Board Meetings - 4th Tuesday of each month at 7 pm, as needed; except the November and December meetings will be the 3rd Tuesday, if needed.