Boards and Commissions
WANTED! Bright, talented, community minded citizens interested in making a difference in our township.
There are volunteer opportunities on many of the Boards, Commissions, and Committees in the township.
If you feel that you have the talents, the time, and the understanding to help your township, please complete the Statement of Interest Form and fax, mail or email it to the township office.
- Library Board - We're seeking 1 individual, the Lower Macungie Library is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees who are appointed by the Lower Macungie Township Board of Commissioners. The Board of Directors meet on the last Thursday of each month at 5pm in the library. Meetings are open to the public.
- Audit Advisory Committee – We’re seeking three individuals who have direct professional accounting or finance experience. The members of the AAC serve three year terms, but no more than two consecutive terms. The Committee meets once a month on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. To see duties of the AAC, their Charter can be viewed at https://goo.gl/VmRoN8
- Public Safety Commission – We’re seeking two individuals with a background in emergency services or are just community and safety minded that would be an asset to the PSC. Members of the PSC serve two year terms and meet once a month on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. To see duties of the PSC, please see Ord. Chapter 1 Part 2C http://ecode360.com/31020916.
- Environmental Advisory Council – We’re seeking one individual with interest in protection and conservation of natural resources. Members of the EAC serve three year terms and meet on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7 p.m. To see duties of the EAC, please see Ord. Chapter 1 Part 2D https://www.ecode360.com/31020927
- Emergency Management Organization - The EMO is currently looking to expand its staff. Although natural disasters, emergencies, or unexpected attacks canot be controlled, it is the objective of the Emergency Management Organization to be prepared and take action to protect the residents of the Township. Meetings are held at 7:00PM on the last Monday of each month at the Public Works Annex, 5536 Indian Creek Road, Macungie, PA. Click here for more information on the EMO.
Lower Macungie Township
3400 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062
To learn more, please feel free to talk to any of the current members of the Boards, Commissions and/or Committee and consider attending a Board of Commissioner's Meeting (1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm).
Thank you for your interest.
Lower Macungie Township set forth guidelines for the creation and use of all social media sites by Township entities employees and volunteers that are authorized to convey or disseminate Township-related information to its residents, employees and visitors. Click the link above to view the LMT Social Media Policy.