Drug Take Back Day - Sat., Oct. 24th. Please click here for complete details.
Leaf collection will begin during the week of October 19th and will end during the week of November 30th. November 30th is the last day to place your leaves out for FINAL collection. Leaves placed out after November 30th will NOT be collected. Please do not place leaves out sooner than the starting date. Leaves will clog the sewer system and could cause damage. Click here for complete details.
STATE REP. RYAN MACKENZIE & THE TAX OFFICE: Will be closed on Election Day Tues., Nov. 3rd. The Tax office will be open on Mon., Nov. 2nd.
PSP - Election Scams - Please click here for details.
The Tax Office and Representative Mackenzie’s office will stay at the Community Center until renovations at their offices are complete. Please follow the signs past the main entrance of the Community Center to the rear parking lot and rear entrance to access their offices.
Volunteer Applications Needed! Please check here for current vacancies.
Lehigh County - Press Release - Ballot Drop Boxes - Please click here for complete details.
DEP has provided helpful information with multiple links for resources to assist residents with recovering from tropical storm Isaias flooding. Please click each link to view the details. Disinfection of Home Wells and Springs, Disposal of Flood Debris, PA DEP Stream Maintenance Booklet, Post Flooding Info & Resources
- Second Harvest Food Bank - Operations During COVID 19. Please click here for more details.
- Yard Waste Recycling Center - NEW!! HOURS OF OPERATION: Please click here to view. A permit is now required for entrance. Click here for application form. Just complete the online form & save before submitting. You can also drop off the application at theTownship Bldg. or mail in the form. Please allow 7 to 10 days to receive the sticker for your car and the additional green paper permit that can go in glove compartment if you have a 2nd car.
- Lower Macungie’s Public Safety Commission (PSC) addresses concerns about conditions that may impact the safety of township residents. While the PSC primarily addresses issues related to traffic, signage, and parking...continue reading
How to remove Spotted Lanternfly Eggs - Click here for some helpful information from the Department of Agriculture and PennState Extension. The PA Department of Ag created an e-newsletter called “The Spotted Lanternflyer” to keep everyone informed on spotted lanternfly updates. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter, click here to sign up!
- Street Trees – Property owners are responsible for trimming of street trees planted in the Right-of-Way. Chapter 21, Part 4 of the LMT Code of Ordinances states, Owners shall maintain all street trees within or abutting their property to ensure that they are free of damage and disease, and shall not create a risk of harm to passerby. This is a reminder to trim the low hanging branches so pedestrians can travel safely on the sidewalks in our communities. Property owners who do not maintain the trees along the sidewalk may be subject to fines and penalties. Please do your part for the community!
PennDOT now has an easy online Customer Care page to report concerns on state maintained roadways. Click here to learn more!
Lehigh County Conservation District presented an informational mosquito, tick, and SLF control meeting to the public. Please click here to view the meeting.
Sign up for online bill pay and never worry about missing or late payments on your utility bill. It's easy, fast and free! Click here on complete details and sign up today!
Other Recent Board of Commissioner Meeting Videos
Board of Commissioners Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month at 7:00PM. All meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie.
RCN Subscribers - Live broadcasts of all Board of Commissioners meetings can be viewed on Channel 66. The Board meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
Service Electric Subscribers - A recorded version of all Board of Commissioners meetings is aired on Channel 50. LMT is allotted a maximum of 2 hours for each showing. SECTV considers the first week to be the week starting with a Monday. The airing schedule is as follows:
10 am on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month and,
6 pm on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Township Meeting Schedules
Unless noted otherwise, all meetings are held at the Township Building, 3400 Brookside Rd., Macungie
Committees of the Board of Commissioners
No Committee meetings are currently scheduled. Workshops are held instead on the 4th Monday of each month, as needed, at 7 p.m.
General Administration Committee, 3rd Thurs. of the month at 6:15 PM, as needed.
Public Works - Roads & Sewers Committee, 3rd Mon. of the month at 5:30 PM, as needed.
Public Works - Parks & Facilities Committee, 3rd Mon. of the month at 6:30 PM, as needed.
Budget and Finance Committee, 1st Thurs. of the month at 6:15 PM, as needed.
Planning and Zoning Committee, 2nd Tues. of the month at 6:00 PM, as needed.
Boards and Commissions (click group name for agenda/minutes)
Board of Commissioners - 1st & 3rd Thurs. of month at 7:00PM.
Board of Commissioners Workshop - 4th Monday of month at 7:00PM, as needed.
Building Code Board of Appeals - Held and advertised as needed.
Audit Advisory Committee - 1st Tuesday of every-other month starting in January at 6:00 PM.
Environmental Advisory Council - 2nd Mon. of month at 7:00PM.
Emergency Management Organization - Last Monday of month in Jan., Apr., July, Oct. at 7PM at the Public Works Annex, 5536 Indian Creek Rd. Macungie. **Oct. mtg. cancelled.
Library Board - last Thurs. of month at 5:00PM. Meetings are held at the Library.
Park and Recreation Meetings - last Wed. of month at 7:00PM.
Planning Commission Meetings - 2nd Tues. of month at 7:00PM. **Nov. 10th mtg. will be held at Community Ctr. 3450 Brookside Rd. at 7PM.
Planning Commission Workshops - 3rd Tues. of month at 6:00PM, as needed. **NEW MEETING TIME** **NO Oct. Workshop meeting.
Public Safety Commission Meetings - 3rd Tues. of month at 7:00PM.
Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee - Held and advertise as needed.
Zoning Hearing Board Meetings - 4th Tuesday of each month at 6 pm, as needed; except the November and December meetings will be the 3rd Tuesday, if needed.