Public Safety - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I contact the Public Safety Commission?
A call to a member listed on the website, completion of the Contact Us form, attend a Public Safety Meeting (Third Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm, Township building), a call or letter to the Township Manager or Board of Commissioner’s member.

How do I contact the Pennsylvania State Police?
For any emergency dial “911”. For non-emergency situations dial 610.395.1438 Troop M, Fogelsville.

How do I call the LMT Volunteer Fire Department?
For any emergency dial “911”. For non-emergency situations dial:
Wescosville Station - 610.398.0996
Brandywine Station - 610-965-7797

How do I contact an ambulance service?
For any emergency dial “911”. Several ambulance corp.’s provide service in Lower Macungie Township. Lower Macungie Ambulance Corp at 610.966.2601, Cetronia Ambulance Corp at 610.398.0239 are primary and secondary based on location in the township. Others services for non emergency transport are also available.

To whom should I report an accident or crime?
All accidents and crimes should be reported to the Pennsylvania State Police. Please call “911” and indentify yourself, the location of the accident or crime, inform the dispatcher of any injuries, stay on the line. Please refer to the Pennsylvania State Police Safe Citizen’s Handbook on this site for more information

Who handles requests for street signs such as “Stop Signs”, “Speed Limits”, ‘No-Parking” etc?
These requests can be submitted to the Public Safety Commission but the LMT Department of Public Works is the entity that will approve the request and place the sign. At times the township engineering firm and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation will be consulted. You can also send your request to the Township Manager.

If I am concerned about a situation that I feel is unsafe who should I contact in the township?
If there is an immediate danger, please contact the state police. Otherwise, please feel free to attend a Public Safety Commission Meeting, contact a member of the Commission, contact the Township Manager, Board of Commissioner’s Member or complete the Contact Us form..