Starting in 2013 until completion, tree trimming will take place in the following Developments:
Ancient Oaks West -
Aster Road; Ancient Oaks South
- Magnolia, Larch, Manzanita; Country Downs
- Sassafras, Rosewood, Maplewood Lane; Shepherd Hills
- Country Club, Brassie, Par Causeway, Birdie, Sandtrap; Winding Brook Manor
- Princton, N. Pewter, S. Pewter, Fresh Meadow; Ancient Oaks
- Hillcrest, Linden, Laurel, Juniper; Farmington Hills
- Moonbeam, Periwinkle, Silvano, Tuscany; Other LMT Roads
- Hidden Valley Rd. (Lower Macungie to East Texas Rds.), Millrace Road (Lower Macungie to Shefield), Macungie Road, Creamery Road, Gun Club Road, Broad Street, Sauerkraut Lane (Millcreek to Pembrooke), Seem Road; Cross Timbers
- Fall 2013
Trees – Care, Maintenance, Removal, Replacement
Trees at curbside or in the Right of Way are currently the responsibility of the abutting property owner (LMT Codified Ordinance Chapter 21, Part 4
). Property “Owners shall maintain all street trees within or abutting their property to ensure that they are free of damage and disease and shall not create a risk of harm to passersby”. Street trees are not to be removed unless they are dead, diseased or at risk of collapse and only then upon receipt of a tree removal permit from the Township. Removal of street trees is subject to replacement by the abutting property owner within six (6) months at the property owner’s expense.
As part of the (no fee permit) process, Lower Macungie Township personnel will evaluate the tree(s) to determine what action, if any is warranted. Replacement trees must conform to LMT specifications for approved trees. For more information, contact 610.966.4343 (x117) or Dfowler@lowermac.com.