Summer Playground Program
We have struggled to make a decision regarding the summer playground program. Due to the limitations that we would encounter because of COVID restrictions/guidelines, Lower Macungie Township has made the difficult decision to cancel the summer playground program for 2021. Running a program for a large number of children to participate in shared activities and extensive interaction for seven weeks is the backbone of the summer playground program. We would be unable to safely include the use of sports equipment, board games and any activities under the pavilion. It would be irresponsible to provide this option under the current restrictions.
We are busy planning fun, safe alternate activities for our residents to enjoy this summer. Please stay tuned to our website and Facebook for classes, camps and events.
We hope you have an enjoyable summer.
Lower Macungie Township offers many programs for all ages, as well as numerous special events throughout the year. We are offering programs within the guidelines from the State and CDC. There is NO FREE OPEN GYM at this time.
- Participants are to check their temperature and screen themselves for signs and symptoms of illness prior to coming to each class or event. Anyone with a fever equal to or greater than 100.4 degrees (per CDC guidelines), or is symptomatic, is advised to stay home.
- Only the participants registered are permitted entry.
- Face masks properly covering nose and mouth are required. In an effort to communicate clearly, please be advised there are exceptions to the face coverings order. These exceptions are posted at each of our facilities.
- Social distance practices are in place with several reminders posted in our facilities.
- High contact surfaces are being cleaned frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Water fountains are not available. Please bring a water bottle.
Please click below to review details of all activities, programs, events and for online registration information.