Do you remove dead animals?

If a large animal, such as a deer or bear is dead on a Township road, Public Works will remove it. Call 610-966-4343, ext. 117 or email the Public Work Department.

If a dead deer or bear is on a PA State-owned, Penn Dot maintenance will move the carcass to the shoulder of the road if it is in the travel lanes only. It will then be picked up by a State contractor.

When a deer or bear is located reasonably close (within 15 or 20 feet off of the right of way) it will be removed by the contractor. Report the issue online. Be very specific and provide the closest address or cross street, which direction it is in, and provide your phone number in case the contractor cannot locate the animal and needs further information. PennDOT does not remove any other type of animal.

Show All Answers

1. Do you remove dead animals?
2. Who do I call for a live animal (not domesticated) concern?
3. Who do I call for lost and found domesticated animals?
4. What should I do if I think I see too many dead birds in my neighborhood?
5. Who can I contact for information about LMT Field Use availability?
6. Can I get further information regarding curbside seasonal grass and yard waste collections?
7. When do our new developments roadways become the responsibility of Lower Macungie Township?
8. Who can I report “farm odors” to?
9. Can I get information regarding LMT’s leaf collection?
10. What should I do if I am concerned about mosquitoes?
11. Why are there spray-painted colored lines in the street? What is Pennsylvania One Call?
12. Where can I get more information regarding the plowing of public roads?
13. How can I report potholes?
14. Is there a list I can review specific items for trash removal requirements and recycling options?
15. Where is my sanitary sewer curbside cleanout?
16. Who decides where a school bus stop is located?
17. Who can I call if I have a sewer problem?
18. When is street cleaning/sweeping done?
19. Where can I report a street light repair?
20. How do I report an existing street sign that is down or missing?
21. How do I submit a traffic control request?
22. How do you handle tree trimming?
23. What do I do about a dead or diseased tree?
24. Where can I submit a request for a bulk item or have a complaint about the Township's trash/recycling services?
25. Where can I review general trash and recycling disposal guidelines?
26. Where can I call to report water run-off from farm fields?
27. Who can I call to report a water main leak?
28. Who can I call to report a broken water shut-off cap?
29. Where can I go to get answers regarding the Yard Waste Recycling Center located at 5536 Indian Creek Road?
30. I have questions regarding our sanitary sewer. Where can I look for information?
31. Can you provide any information on the storm drains?
32. Where can I find information regarding curbside leaf collection?